Watertown Structure Fire Monday
Firefighters in Watertown battled a fire Monday. According to a press release, shortly before 2:30 PM, firefighters were called to 1153 Boughton Street for a report of a kitchen fire in Building 6. First arriving units found smoke coming from the front door. Firefighters were able to quickly knock down the fire, and the Rescue crew located and successfully rescued the family cat. The fire, which started on the stove and has been deemed a cooking fire, caused about $20,000 in damages. One person and a cat were treated for smoke inhalation, and five people were displaced and are now in the hands of the American Red Cross.