• wsld77

Resident Saves Apartment Building From Major Damage In Palmyra Fire

Palmyra Public Safety says that they were dispatched after 2:30 Saturday morning to a report of an apartment on fire in the 300 block of 2nd St. A resident awoke to find their ceiling fan on fire and quickly worked to evacuate the building, while also using a fire extinguisher to quell the flames, after calling 911. Palmyra firefighters extinguished the rest of the fire, which was contained to a single apartment, and any major damages were prevented. The building is not equipped with sprinklers. PPS says the resident should be commended for their quick thinking, and for preventing the fire from spreading.


Pictures from Palmyra Public Safety On Facebook





1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Rock County Updates Mask Policy

The Rock County Health Department has announced that they are recommending that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks in indoor settings in the county. This comes after the CDC revise