top of page

Watertown Police Give Information on Transient Merchants

According to an update from the Watertown Police Department, they have received several complaints of people walking door to door, or walking downtown and selling items. Watertown requires applicants to register City Hall as transient merchant, and the City Clerk/Treasurer will issue to each person an identification card or badge with the words "Transient Merchant," a photograph of the person on the front of the identification card or badge, and the period of time for which the registration is issued. Each person is to display the ID card or badge when engaged in sales. If you are approached by a non-authorized seller, call the Watertown Police Department at 920-261-6660. For more information, visit

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page