In an update from the City of Milton, they have shared information on the curbside brush collection. The remaining collection dates for 2022 are October 3-10 and November 7-14. The following rules apply for curbside collection of brush:
• Brush can have a diameter of no larger than 6 inches.
• Brush should be placed butt-end toward the street in the terrace right-of-way going with the flow of traffic in neat, organized piles.
• Roots must be removed.
• Brush shall not be placed in the street or curb area.
• City ordinances require that all trees and brush be trimmed to a height of 8 feet above sidewalks and 15 feet above streets.
• Do not place tall weeds/flowers or other yard waste with the brush.
The City offers wood chips from the brush collections to community members within the Milton School District who request them. You can request yours by contacting the Public Works Department at (608) 868-6914.