According to an update from the City of Janesville, they have declared a winter weather emergency beginning today at 4 p.m. This means that all parked vehicles must be moved from City streets before 4 p.m. through 6 a.m. to avoid getting a $50 ticket. Main and arterial streets will be maintained throughout the duration of the snowfall event. There is potential for City crews to perform a City-wide plow due to cold temperatures in the forecast for the remainder of the week. The best place to park during a winter weather emergency is a garage or driveway; otherwise the following downtown municipal parking lots can be utilized:
- East Wall Street Lot at E Wall Street & N Parker Drive
- City Hall Lot at W Wall Street & N Jackson Street
- S High Street Lot at W Court Street & S High Street
- Hedberg Public Library Lot on Water Street
- River/Union Street Lot at S River Street & Union Street
- N Parker Drive Parking Ramp at N Parker Drive and E Wall Street
Please ensure vehicles are removed from the parking lots after the emergency has ended so crews can clear the lots of snow and ice.